So today is the blog’s first year anniversary, and I’m seriously tearing up right now. Starting Painfully Fictional was the most ordinary thing I’ve done; like signing up for Twitter or Tumblr or Pinterest… What it has turned into? Not something ordinary at all. And I don’t mean this followers-wise, not at all. I haven’t even reached 200 followers yet. What I mean is this blog has become my haven, my followers have become my companions and my bestest friends (will get to that later on). This book-blogging community has opened my eyes to a lot of stuff, not all related to books.
I would’ve never thought that I would actually meet people that I’d root and care for like I do right now, people sharing the same passion as mine, and fangirling over the same books as I am. This is pure heaven, what else can I possibly need??
So today I’m dedicating this post to the people who inspired me to keep on blogging and spilling my heart and soul out (that’s what I believe I’m doing when I write a book review). Because without you guys, I would’ve probably stopped blogging a long time ago. I need you to know how much reading your blog posts motivated me, and moved me. Here are a couple of blogs/authors who deserve to be acknowledged:
For the ones who are new to blogging, here are a couple of tips:
- Never write what you think other people will like, write what you like.
- Don’t take blogging too seriously. It’s a pastime, not a job!
- Never hesitate to comment on other people’s blog posts. Commenting is the best way to make new friends and meet people with the same interests as yours.
- Don’t wait for the other person to follow you. You like their blog? Go ahead and follow them. And vice versa, don’t feel obliged to follow a blog who’s author has followed you if they post stuff that don’t interest you, it’s fine!
- Use suitable tags so other people can easily find your posts.
Hope everyone’s having a great day!
Happy reading 💘