LIST FIVE THINGS THAT MAKE YOU HAPPY
(in no particular order)
- Rain. I don’t know why, but I always see rain as a good omen. I don’t like the cold, but I love it when it’s, like, 20° C out and it suddenly starts raining. I live in a coastal area so I’m not really used to snow and intense cold. But rain, I love.
- Buttered microwave-popcorn. It’s the one thing that I never get tired of eating.
- My family and friends. Family always comes first, but I love my friends to death. Ever since I started school (my school is a kindergarten, middle, and high school, all in one) I’ve had the same friends, so I’ve known them for over 14 years. They’ve become my family over the years.
- Reshelving. Whenever I’m stressed out or in a bad mood, I just empty my shelves, put an uplifting playlist, and get to work.
- Buying books and taking over the bookstore (more enjoyable with good company). December means Beirut’s Annual International Book Fair, it’s something that my friends and I always wait for. And when the time comes and we do visit it, chaos takes over. The place would be so crowded so the book-hunting becomes more challenging aka more fun.
LIST FIVE SONGS THAT MAKE YOU HAPPY
- Anchor by Novo Amor (not a very happy song, but it’s still one of favorites)
- California Sun by Corey Harper
- Gold Rays by Vinyl Pinups
- I’m Alive (Life Sounds Like) by Michael Franti & Spearhead
- Young Blood by Noah Kahan
+ UPDATE: I’m Good by The Mowgli’s (demanded by my BFF; yup, the same one who shoved I Am Malala in my face)
Mandy @bookprincessreviews / Jackie @toomuchofabooknerd / Laura @thebookcorps / Lindsey @paradisbooks / Emmie @teawithmermaids / jeannieanguyen / deannawritesabout / lotusbookblog / thumbingpages / literaryweaponry / Sarah @btweenthepages / thestackedshelf / Rendz @readingwithrendz / Lyndsey @lyndseyhallblog / Joana @bookneeders / Anj @seaweedbooksblog