Hi guys I miss you so much and I miss blogging and I miss the annoying little shit that is WordPress (I do). I decided to check in today because, well, I’ve got a lot of things to say.
Yes, I’m still on hiatus, but this is one of the promised check-in-posts that I mentioned in my hiatus post. I just want to spill my heart out about my new obsession that is anime. I’m HOOKED, dude. Ok so I sort of lied? I also came here to ask you guys to PLEASE WATCH THESE SHOWS BECAUSE THEY’RE AWESOME AND I NEED AN ANIME GROUP TO FANGIRL WITH. Anyways, without further ado, let me list the anime I watched in the past two weeks.
First off, before I start fangirling and losing my shit, I’d like to thank the lovely Sophie @blameitonchocolate for making me a list of her fav anime and simply, for putting up with my insanity.
For the ones who have never watched anime, I recommend you start with Ouran High School Host Club. I got tagged to do the Ouran Host Club book tag a couple of months ago, and I didn’t even know what the word anime meant back then. But I decided to give that show a shot since, well, I did a tag about it. And let me just say, it was amazing. It was really really good. Although that wasn’t my first thought when I first starting watching it. Here’s the epic transformation:
- This is stupid why am I watching cartoons?
- A girl disguised as a boy? This is getting old.
- Their jokes are silly wtf.
- omg that was cute.
- ARE THEY INSANE? WHAT THE HELL ARE YOU DOING?
- I never want this to end.
- this was the best thing i’ve ever watched
Okay, so this might not be 100% accurate in your case. BUT, I still want to convince you guys WHY anime is important:
- I love the idea of getting to know other cultures and understanding people with different traditions and beliefs than mine. Anime is Japanese, in case you didn’t know.
- I marvel at how the artist gives every fixation their absolute attention and time. Like how the character blushes when they’re shy or embarrassed, or how their eyes water and so on. It may not seem that important to you, but to me, it feels like actual series can’t pay attention to such details. The very same details an author writes in any novel. I’ve never seen such vivid actions and details portrayed so beautifully as I do through anime.
- I love how simple romantic relationships are in anime. Like how intimate a mere peck on the cheek is. But even that can make you swoon and melt into a puddle of goo. I don’t know how they do it.
- It’s amazing.
- because i said so.
I was going to list the anime I watched, so here we go:
⇒ Snow White with the Red Hair aka Akagami no Shirayuki-hime ⭐⭐⭐⭐⭐
This is definitely one of my favorites. The MC, Shirayuki, is such a light-hearted and inspiring person. Plus, she studies medicinal herbs and I’m an aspiring pharmacist so… you know. She’s just awesome. The characters are all super cute and lovely, the love interest is just AFKJHJHJHJHJHJ. The sarcasm is so on point.
⇒ Kamisama Hajimemashita ⭐⭐⭐⭐⭐
THIS is the cutest anime I’ve come across. If you want something light and swoony this is perfect for you.
⇒ Kaichou Wa Maid-Sama ⭐⭐⭐⭐
Hilarious. Cute. The couple are head over heels in love but the MC refuses to admit it to herself and you can see how the story unravels from there. Lots of bickering and fighting. BRING IT ON.
⇒ Romeo x Juliet ⭐⭐⭐⭐⭐
Historical. Incredibly romantic. Super badass. Life wrecking. Heart shattering. PREPARE TO DIE. (finished this today)
P.S. I started a couple of other anime and then DNF’d them.
P.P.S. I START UNI TOMORROW
Do you watch anime? If you do, what are your favorites? If you don’t, YOU BETTER START NOW. No seriously, you totally should.